Top 10 Most Interesting Facts About The Human Brain
Human Brain: The Least Understood Thing Yet!
Learning interesting facts about the human brain is not simply the matter of adding to your knowledge, it will serve to open the eyes of your mind. Packed and protected inside a hard bony shell, this 1.5 kilogram chunk of billions of neurons has some magical powers that are yet to be explored. For example, thinking, intelligence, imagination and creativity, are some of the complex mental processes that have attracted the attention of neuroscientists from around the world. In their quest to get access to the deep recesses of mind, the researchers have come up with the amazing discovery that humans have the power to change the structure and function of brain at their will.
10 Interesting Facts About The Human Brain
- The human brain consists of the whopping 75 to 100 billion nerve cells which is almost 14 times larger than the entire human population on the earth. These nerve cells are interconnected with each other to receive and transmit impulses from each other that are generated by certain environmental stimuli.
- The human brain absorbs about 0.025 kilo-watts of energy which is enough to illuminate a standard electric light bulb.
- The fattiest organ of human body is the brain as sixty percent of itis comprised of fats. This is the highest ratio of fats than found in any other part of a healthy human.
- This is a stunning human brain fact that it is faster than computer and is quite capable of solving problems more efficiently. According to some reports, the master organ can execute up to 10,000,000,000,000,000 tasks per second.
- Another striking fact is that yawning acts as a coolant for overheated brain. Moreover, such an activity covers the oxygen deficiency of brain. If sufficient amount of oxygen is not provided to the brain, the nerve cells in it would die after 5 to 6 minutes.
- Blood arteries in this region can reach up to the length of 241,402 kilometers when joined together end to end. These arteries provide adequate amount of oxygen and blood.
- According to some studies, the most beneficial diet for this organ is sea food because it contains fatty acids which can considerably increase the performance up to 15 percent.
- Study shows that if body temperature exceeds 42⁰C, brain damage can ultimately occur.
- There is a misconception about brain that it has left and right parts. This myth is totally wrong.
- The researchers have found that when we learn something new, it alters the structure of the brain.